12.23.2011

Adeline Rose Garcia

On October 9, 2011, we welcomed our baby girl into the world. She was born at 3:37a.m. weighing in at 7 lb 6 oz and 20''. With a full head of bright red hair, she was the talk of the Maternity Ward at the hospital. Such a perfect angel.


By grace, we had a wonderful birth experience with no complications and a healthy baby! Ben was an awesome coach and we were so humbled and amazed at the incredible process of how God designed the body and gives life. I am so thankful for finding http://qcnaturalchildbirth.webs.com/ and for how Sarah and the Bradley Method helped to prepare us for a natural birth. It was an incomparable experience which I am very passionate about and can't imagine having it any other way. If you are in the Quad cities and expecting, it's certainly worth looking into!

Now our sweet girl is 2 1/2 months old (WOW). I am actually a little surprised by how much I love being a mom. Not that I thought I would hate it, but it's more joyous, more exciting, more sanctifying.. just MORE than I expected. I love caring for her and taking care of Ben and our home. I feel such a peace about where we are and where I am and I could not ask for more than that.

Best part so far: Adeline started smiling at 5 weeks. That is the best feeling in the whole world when she looks into my eyes and gets a huge grin on her face. 

Hardest part: SLEEP. Or lack thereof... It's amazing how good you get at going on so little sleep. Occasionally it catches up to me, but I have handled it surprisingly well. I think...you could probably get Ben to tell you a more accurate reading of that one. 

And here she is...




1 comment:

  1. Saylor wants to meet her. And I think he's secretly envious of all that hair.
    -Nathan

    ReplyDelete