12.06.2010

What to Expect

And so begins our new blog. I (ben) was a little skeptical about starting one of these. First of all I'm still not convinced that blogging is not just a glorified xanga. For those who've never heard of xanga, it was basically an online diary that I'm ashamed to say i took part in. Second, I wasn't sure if I had anything I wanted to write about. I have come to this conclusion. The older I get the more opinions I have. And the more opinions I have, the more I want people to know them. Thus, here is my online soap box.

Accompanying me on this journey is my lovely wife, Robin. She will be the sweeter, not nearly as sarcastic tone to grace these cyber pages. We have been married for about a year and a half now. Looking back on that time I realized that we have experienced so much that is blog worthy. i.e. The Dallas Cowboys being horrible and then kinda good, but still doomed, Robin's sudden obsession with the future Princess Catherine Middleton, or my many woes throughout my time as a Olive Garden waiter (which will probably show up later).

Mix all that life lived with our belief that every second of that life is to be used to glorify God, (that's the God of the Bible by the way...we're Christians...more on that to come) and you have a life filled with victories, frustrations, sin and forgiveness. Aaaand since I don't want to sound like a lame Christian T-shirt from Lifeway, I'll just say that we see a lot of brokenness in this world and in ourselves. We believe that the only salvation for this brokenness is Jesus. Amen? Amen.

So, we are taking our spot here in the "inter-racial relationship/newlywed/Christian/dog owner/20 something" niche. Glad to be here.

Ben

4 comments:

  1. First of all, I just read this out loud to Austin and Lyric and we likey. You have a good point with the glorified Xanga, I like to think of it as a grown-up Xanga though. Love the blog, miss you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. me goost. i just hope its funny and offensive. that's all. (jk...kinda)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Blogging is like xanga, but after reviewing my old xanga (of which i am ashamed) i discovered that if you limit the amount of !, and dont type an entire post in all caps, you should be able to distinguish this blog from the immaturity, and twistedness that is xanga.
    Love the blog! Come see us again, we miss yall.
    Adrienne

    ReplyDelete